Thursday, October 02, 2008

Unemployment... Not By Choice...

It's been over a year since I've actually worked and held a steady and "career fulfilling" job. My last actual attempt for some kind of professional satisfaction or "personal-growth", as a few have tried to imply, was in an advertising agency for a span of approximately 6 months. Now I know that isn't much, but given the condition that it was my first REAL advertising job, let alone the no mentor/supervisor dilemma, I was pretty much surprised that I lasted that long. After releasing two TVC's and some print materials, I decided to wheel in my white flag and compose the "ever-cliché" letter of defeat, my two weeks’ notice.

Personally speaking, I knew what I wanted the moment I signed on to advertising. I wanted a job experience where the environment was conducive to learning the tricks of the trade, the ins-and-the-outs of the business, but most importantly, I wanted a working environment favorable to getting started in the field which was beneficial to learning the basic 101's of this dynamic industry.

I was selfish, I really didn't wanna work. I wanted to learn...

So with that, after more than a year of giving my letter to Ms. J., here I am, still unemployed and STILL voraciously applying and waiting for other job opportunities in other agencies that may open up.

No comments: