Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Night of Darkness

Thursday, July 15, 2010
3:36 PM

After the scary and WINDY night, that was Typhoon Basyang, almost half of the country was left in dark for almost an entire day. A few companies closed shop, while most schools rejoiced to a day of no classes. As much as possible, I tried avoiding heading home coz I knew for a fact that my humble and ever so GHETTO neighborhood, THE Cityland compound, would be last on the list to regain power.

So I headed to gym right after work, and to my surprise, even the ever so posh Salacedo village was still in the dark, (except for the companies of course, and the extremely upscale condos that had power generators as big as a Mini-stop).

Ponti building was black dark!

Seems like there were lights, but in person, that's just my camera making everything brighter.

After the gym, I decided to pass by Buendia to see if by any chance Meralco decided to add us to the list of areas that would be blessed with electricity. Crossed fingers - FAIL!!

So I decided to drive down to Shopwise knowing they're open 'til 11pm (thank god for Shopwise). Picked up a bunch of useless things (tissue, crackers, jams, and a copy of the new Preview) and saw one of the wittiest (and can i say one of the stupidest) named products on the market:

Clara Ole's Orange You Glad Vinaigrette and
Clara Ole's My, My Parmesan Vinaigrette!
KALOKA to the NTH power!!

Finally decided to go home, have some cold leftover Aglio-olio, took some melatonin, and fell asleep in the heat.

YUM! I love cold pasta!
Goodnight guys!

No comments: