Thursday, February 12, 2009

Redefining Moments...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

At times when we're given a choice, a choice which could make or break our future, we always tend to put it aside, hoping that one day, we'd just wake up and know the right answer, right there and then...

For the past few weeks, I've been heavily contemplating about an extremely important decision. I started this blog as unemployed gym bunny, who held time in his hands, and now, I'm an employee with no time to spare. Though the change is rather refreshing and quite enlightening, something new has blossomed out of the ground. A new oppurtunity, a new, or better yet, a second chance at doing something I love (or probably loved) to do.

In my 27 years, I've come to like only a few things, working out, shopping, eating, watching re-runs of old series, baking and cooking, crying, and of course, talking. In my "new oppurtunity", I get a second chance at advertising. A career which involves so much human interaction, so much growth, emotionally and proffesionally, and ample amounts of new friends. But with new oppurtunites, comes a whole set of new problems. An unstable working environment, a new set of officemates, a new set (more likely than not) of duties (and am guessing more), and of course, the long and toxic hours.

But you know what 50 Cent says, Get Rich or Die Tryin... In my case, go for it or quit after..

Anyways, I shall be tendering my resignation today... I feel a bit sad passing it in, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do. I'm 27 and my career path is still uncertain. I'm still lost, and doing what I want to do, and experiencing what I want to experience, while I still have the luxury to do so, is a MUST. I feel more than blessed and happy to be given this oppurtunity...

I will miss Somni... Or at least, most of it...

Til next time...

No comments: