Friday, February 06, 2009

Travel Cafe - GB5

Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's becoming quite hard to blog in the office now... So squeezing and trying to allocate time during the weekends to show some love to my unread and might I add, unknown blog, is a must!
Anywhoo, last February 2, was my birthday... My friends surprised me on the 30th, which shall be discussed in another entry...

So, on Feb 2, B and I had dinner at Travel Cafe. I've been reading great reviews about the place and the extremely "touristic" theme of the restaurant...


In regards, to the place, I loved the ambiance!

I loved the fact that they had little videos showcasing the wonders and beautiful sites of the Philippines! I'm a sucker for anything patriotic! Hehe! I even wanted to ask one of the waiters where one of the places where on the video cause I totally missed the part where they had the name of the place.

It was a beautiful beach somewhere...

Now, on with the food!

For starters, B and I had the Chicken BBQ. This was served with some lettuce and a small serving of green mango salsa. I'm guessing we were supposed to eat this like a wrap... Hehe... B liked it. Personally, I found the BBQ flavor too strong... But, it wasn't bad. The lettuce and salsa was a good variation to this... Seemed a whole lot healthier. =)

For our next course, B had a serving of (cream of) pumpkin soup, while I had the clam chowder. Both served on bread bowls. Now, I didn't get to taste the pumpkin soup, but am guessing by the way B devoured the soup, it was pretty good.

The Clam chowder was actually quite nice as well. The flavor of the clam was fairly strong (hence the name), so beware. People who are allergic to clams, I suggest you stay away from this. I did however wish they had more potatoes and carrots in this. It was however still LOVE!

And lastly, for our main course, B had adobo stuffed with liver. I had the kare kare. Both were pretty regular and ordinary. Nothing to scream out loud for and just rave about. The adobo had the flavor of my yaya's adobo, while the kare kare lacked the "kare kare flavor" in the meat. The presentation was fairly good. Nothing over, but not scattered. Just perfect.


The service here is just great. That's what you'll really rave about here... The waiters were attentive and did everything right. they served everything course by course and waited for both of us to finish every meal before serving a new set.
Service was just great!
Also got some brochures for Bora and Palawan. Hehe. =)
Travel Cafe is located in GB5.

No comments: