Friday, January 02, 2009

The New Year Blues...

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Every January 1, I try to pay attention to every detail that I do... It is the beginning of the year, so optimistically hoping, I'd love to start if off right... I try to make everything in my room clean, neat, and very orderly. All my laundry should be done, all my clothes are ironed and properly arranged. Coins are placed in bowls, drawers and doors are opened, lights are all turned on... ETC ETC ETC!!

But somehow, something was wrong this year. My laundry was still at the cleaners, I had excess clothes in the hamper, my room wasn't as neat as I would've liked, the garbage can was missing, my stomach was bulging, my head was somewhere else, but most of all, I was sad... I was unhappy... =(

I honestly didn't know why... I couldn't figure out what was wrong??

I have all the reasons in the world to be happy today... but somehow, I wasn't... It was sooooo hard to smile, and even harder to keep it on. I had to attend the (extremely early) morning mass with my family, and then attend the mayor's ball at night... You probably couldn't imagine how hard it was for me to keep a pleasant face. Gosh, I do hope I didn't come out looking very "platicky" or "prude-ish", I'd hate people to have that impression of me cause am naturally very bright and sunny... Let alone, genuine...

Am keeping my fingers crossed that the entire year won't be anything like today... =(

Today was really a bad BAD day... I SWEAR!!
My mind was just really preoccupied with something... =(

No comments: