Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Zest Air Accident

As many may have heard, one of Zest Air's planes had an accident last Sunday. Our flight was a few minutes from boarding when the plane had the mishap. From what I heard, the plane tried to land the aircraft twice. The first time it decided to take off again (because it didn't get to land properly), while during the second try, the plane ultimately broke one of its landing wheels and well... the rest was history...

The wind was fairly strong, which most of the people considered as one of the main reasons why the plane had problems landing... Anywhoo, I just decided to post most of the pictures I took so that you guys could better visualize the chaos that was Caticlan Airport...

We couldn't get past the fences... but if you look closely, you could see the damaged plane.

These were the luggages being removed from the planes that were about to leave. *ahem ahem* the plane we were supposed to be on.

The fire truck leaving the scene...

The fire truck, with much aggresiveness, went through the gate and broke one of it doors.

The bystanders watching and taking pictues of the fiasco.

People wait in horror with a mix of excitement.

The police finally arrive.

People converge at the gate, trying to look at what's happening.

Dunno why they had military people there...

And sadly to say, the ambulance was the last to arrive...

Another wary fire truck arrives...

Luggages flood the road...

We were then transported to Kalibo airport...

We were left there to wait for the next available flight out... WHAT A DAY!!

Being stressed out, my brother and sister (with myself included) decided to kill time and monopolize on the massage services at the airport... It wasn't any good... I think I ended up with more stress and more pain on my back than when they started...

Well, at least, it productively killed time...

The masseurs massaging my brother's fat legs... My bony feet makes its debut on the right side.

No comments: