Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hunger Pains

Thursday, March 12, 2009

For the past two days, I've only been allowed to eat "white" food; food that won't stain my teeth; food that won't share it's color with the open pores of my newly whitened teeth.

Yes you guys, I had it bleached...

The whole procedure was a bit tiring. I felt a few stings during the procedure, but that was about it. The pain excruciatingly came after. Sudden THROBS came from my teeth being exposed to cold air...

I stayed quiet for a day... Hoping to keep my mouth closed to minimize the pain...

Today, it doesn't hurt as much anymore.

What does hurt is my stomach. Since yesterday, I've only been eating oatmeal, nesvita, and bananas. GOD HELP!!! Am going crazy...

And to top that off, I was reading food reviews the whole day yesterday, at Click The City and varius FOODIE blogs, and I came across one of the many simple pleasures in my life. PEKING DUCK!! Yuuuumm!! Am salavating just thinking about it...

And it doesn't help at all, that Ms. Epilepsia's review of the duck and the resto (FU by Hai Shin Lou) was so vivid and right on!!

"There was a collective gasp in the room when the duck was brought out. Its vibrant, golden skin glistened with oil and through the cracks; fragrant steam was lovingly beckoning out appetites." - Yuuuumm!! Am salavating just thinking about it...

I will definitely have duck this weekend! If not at FU, most likely at Summer Palace which is always much more convenient for my dad, who shall be paying for dinner. Hehehe.

I've actually never tried Fu. Sadly to say, I've been quite conservative when dining at Serendra. It was either, Chelsea, Abe, Mamou, or Portico. The rest I considered as reaturant clutter. Maybe it was due to a few bad dining experiences at the other resto's that made me doubt the other restos, but anywhooo... Am excited!!!

DUCK!! DUHHHHCK!! DUUUUUUHHHHH-AAAAAK!!!

Yummm!! I shall pretend to work now! Hehe!

Til tomorrow you guys... =)

No comments: