Monday, November 24, 2008

Cereal, Wasabi, and Pad Thai!

For the past month, I've been trying to find some spare time to sit down and write something about my trip to Singapore... The things that I saw, what I did, how it was, etc, etc, ETC! But sadly to say, somehow, whenever I did try to compose myself and try to write something, I couldn't...

So with that, I'll just share the top three dishes that I could've eaten over and over and over while I was there...

1. Prawn Cereal: This was awesome! Who would've thought cereal and prawn would go so well together. The cereal was extremely crunchy with hints of parsley, sugar, chillies, and salt... It was a burst of flavor (and texture) in my mouth. I loved it!


2. Wasabi Ice Cream: I was shopping around, near Bugis (I think) and I saw this discreet looking ice cream stand that served various Japanese inspired ice cream. There was Matcha, Red Bean, Sakura w/Choco Chips (I think that's cherry), and the one that I tried, Wasabi. At first, I was a bit hesitant since I couldn't imagine the flavors complementing each other, but it did. The ice cream had subtle hints of wasabi, and if that wasn't enough, at the end, your palette gets a kick of the wasabi heat that we (referring to wasabi lovers) love so much. It was heaven!!


3. Pad Thai: Pad Thai nowadays is quite common. I mean if you can order it in a karaoke bar (Top Grill along Jupiter), then you know its gotta be common. The best Pad Thai I've tried so far was in this extremely modern Thai restaurant in Siam Paragon. I forgot the name of the place, but if I remember correctly, it was right beside this adorable French restaurant on the ground floor. Anyways, the pad thai I tried in Singapore was located on the food court level of the mall right across Lucky Plaza (forgot the name of the mall). The restaurant was named Waan Waan Thai Restaurant. It was pretty shabby, given that it was just part of the food court, but their pad thai was to die for... I don't know how to explain it, but it was perfect. I loved it!!


Runner Up:
Laksa: This was also good... I just couldn't imagine myself eating this over and over and OVER... It was spicy and blissfully creamy. Reminds me of daddy's sugpo with cocconut milk and kamias! YUM!! The Otah that came with it though was rather icky. It looked like... ummm... feces... and tasted like... umm... rotting cassava cake. It was awful. But the laksa was just yum... Hmmm...

No comments: