Sunday, December 07, 2008

Indulge Yourself...

My parent's room is undergoing an extreme facelift, thus leaving my room a storage room for ALL their "kayamanan". With that, early Saturday morning, my dad came into my room to place one of his many rolexes in one of the spinning watch holders that is secretly hidden in my room... He was informing me that he was looking at another watch (God! does he really need another watch?!), and asked that if I wanted a new watch (he got me a Submariner a few months ago, hehe). Of course, I couldn't say no...

So I started telling him the watches that I was looking at, mainly the Cartier Chronoscaph 21... Hmmm... He didn't listen...

This is the watch he's eye-ing for me and for himself, (mine being two-toned, his I think, being solid gold)...

Rolex's Cosmograph Daytona

(Dunno when i'll get it though... hopefully christmas or my birthday... Hehe)

My dad's belief on watches is that you only buy ones that you could later on sell at the same value or at a higher price... He technically calls it an "on hand savings account". Hehe...

That's why whenever he sees the Technomarine that I bought out of impulse (or was it camaraderie (since everyone I was with bought one as well), or is it jealousy (I tend to forget the real reason why I bought it)), he always gives me a rather heavy yet brief lecture on not throwing money away on items that quickly lose value...

Technomarine's Diva Dmitri

And sure enough... B, texted me like 2 weeks ago, and informed me that the Techno that I bought was now 50%... GOD!! Just after 1 year?! I hate to say it, but my dad knows his... SHEIT! Hehe...

No comments: