Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kung-Fu Shoes Anyone??

I'm quite boring and conservative when it comes to shoes (or is it really my fashion sense as a whole who's just plain boring and conservative?? Right _(fill in the blank)_?! Hmmm...) I'm definitely not one to spend P10K++ on footwear, but maybe in time, I just might... Hehe... I mean, the most impractical and expensive thing that I've probably bought was... I think... a P9500 collared tee... Hmmm, dunno why I bought it though.

Anyways, moving along...

Last night, while walking around GB5 to finish my christmas shopping, I saw something that caught my eye right away! B and I passed by Anthem and I saw a new line of shoes there... It was Toms shoes. They offer very simple and quite comfortable shoes... Perfect for everyday casual wear I think... Perfect for my ("so-called" sense of) style. Actually, I bought something similiar to it in Bangkok when I visited last July. B calls them my kung-fu shoes or my ballet flats (ahahaha!). But no matter how much they've been mocked by a few of my friends, I still wear them and love them to pieces! Hehe.

Anywhoo, I opted not to try them on last night, hoping that I'd finish my Christmas shopping first so that I could finally start shopping for myself (I made a pact (with myself) that I wouldn't buy a single thing (for myself) until I finished all my shopping), because knowing how I am, I would've ended up buying them... Hehe...

So it was a pretty good thing I didn't (or so I'd like think)...

This morning, while my terrible headache was secretly trying to kill me or gasp, ruin my day, I couldn't get the thought of those shoes out of my head... They were beautiful (or so, I thought (and still think) they are)... So I gave in, and drove down to GB5 during lunch and tried the shoes on... My plan to buy two out of the three colors turned to zero out of the three because sadly to say, they didn't carry my size (us-11 eur-44). Sucks!! Anyways, had my brother order them in the states already... So am excited!

These are a few of the styles on the website:
The ones available in Anthem though are in the following colors/styles: Natural, Dark Green, and Gray Plaid
They sell for 2650 each...
EXTREMLY LIMITED SIZES!! THE BIGGEST SIZE THEY HAD WAS 10
AVAILABLE ONLY IN ANTHEM GB5.
Called all the other Anthem stores, and sadly to say, they don't carry the shoes. They came out early last week... So get them while they're still fresh. I will have to wait for my brother first... =(

Grrrr... I really really want them!! Guess I'll get the advans in SM first! Sucks!! Btw, the ones I bought in Bangkok was only 150 baht... But of course the quality of this is sooo OH-OH much better...

Check out their website HERE.
I'm sooo loving and feeling their cause! Makes me love them even more!

Toms Shoes' cause:
"For every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair to a child in need. One for one."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There are also quite a few Ballet shoes to choose from for more advanced dancers. Some canvas ballets are made of soft canvas that molds to the foot. This reduces under-foot lumps and creasing when the foot is pointed. These shoes may also feature a heel seam cushion for a perfect line of the foot. Less expensive alternatives to the more advanced canvas split-sole ballet shoe are available as well.

Cy Ynares said...

Hehe... Am actually not referring to dance shoes...