Monday, December 22, 2008

El Pollo Loco - Megamall

Circa 2001-2002, I loved megamall...

Dunno why... Maybe I had fewer needs and not so great expectations for material things, but I loved Megs (Mega's nickname). Through the years, more and more malls popped up and mushroomed all over the Philippines and made Megamall quite obsolete and a haven for an overly stressful shopping experience (probably due to the massive amounts of traffic and just plain out YUCKY vibe of the mall)...

Last week, during my sudden MIA, I was craving for El Pollo Loco (EPL)... One of the (now) very few reasons that's left to visit Megs. EPL is located on the ground floor of the mall (National Bookstore side), beside Wendy's. God, I was so craving for it that after 30 minutes in the gym, I packed up and drove to Megs... Being stuck in a state of "laidback-ness", I was in no mood to race and make haggle the people for parking spaces... So I proceeded to the very top level and parked effortlessly in one of the many available spaces... This is a decision I will soon regret...

Anywhoo, back to the main focus of this entry...

El Pollo Loco. =)

I ordered their 2 piece chicken meal with 2 regular sidings and two tortillas. I added extra salsa which is definitely a must when eating here...

The two piece chicken with spanish rice and coleslaw! Yum!!

The salsa was very refreshing and tasted like it was made on the same day! Perfect!!

After a very good dinner, I went around the mall and scouted for possible gifts.

Wasn't able to get anything... =(

So here's one of the major reasons why I dislike Megamall:

I left the mall at 10 pm... I was parked all the way on the 5th floor... Cars were jammed everywhere... Given that there was only one exit, you would think people would line up in an orderly and civilized fashion. BUT NO!! People on every floor (aside from the 2nd I think), were trying to cut in line which made people wait longer and longer...

I got out of the mall parking lot at 11:15 pm... Doesn't that just wanna make you shoot people's tires and break their headlights?!?!? God!!

People here are so "bastos"!

No comments: