Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Broken Strings - James Morrison & Nelly Furtado

In 2007, I fell in love with Jame's Morrison's Undiscovered album... It was so real! His lyrics, his whole style of singing, and of course the rawness and raspiness of his voice... It was just beautiful; it was something that I haven't heard for in a while. I was truly in love with his album... Took me more than 6 months and endless begging from people who rode my car to make me stop playing the CD. Haha!! And from time time, I still play it when am by myself... Hehe... Just great lyrics and an amazingly beautiful voice!!

Anyways, after a year, he released his new CD last October (which I got this christmas as an exchange gift), entitled, Songs For You, Truths for Me. The album is a 12 track album that lingers on the truth of life, love, and break-ups... His lyrics, like before, were well written and well thought out. And his voice still had the same rawness and "realness" like his previous album but infused a more jazzy tune/feel to it which added that extra ooomph to make some type of transition or growth from his previous album.

All of the songs on the album are actually quite good, but I guess in terms of standouts, here are my personal picks (it's actually more than half of the CD):

The Only Night
You Make It Real (the carrier single)
Please Don't Stop The Rain
Broken Strings (my favorite off the whole album)
Nothing Ever Hurt Like You
Once When I Was Little
Dream On Hayley
Love Is Hard (the lyrics are awesome!!)

And with that...

Jame's Morrison released my favorite song off the album, Broken Strings...



The song is a collaboration with Nelly Furtado, (who by the way, I miss like CRAZY, so come out with a new CD already!!). Their voices blend so well together.

The song's message was rather "optimistically-sad" (if that is a term), but it a very realistic song. The message was just out there... I loved it!! The video on the other had was bordering on being extremely cliche to being overly cheezy and corny!

But props to them both, because they both DO look pretty damn good!!

Just LOVIN' IT!!!
Anyways, hope you guys enjoy the song as much I do!! (This song is on endless repeat in my car right now... Hehe)

And as an extra, here's a live performance of the song with Keisha from Sugababes. It's not as good as Nelly's version, but it is also well sung...


Hmmm... I wonder if I listen to enough British people, I might be able to get their accent... Just a though... =)

Goes to show you that you can never go wrong with a good song... =)

No comments: