Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Breaking the Routine...

Wednesday, Dec 10, 2008

I broke my routine today...

I went to the gym at 6:30 am... Wow! That felt different... For the past 2 months, I've been a bit tired and too exhausted to hit the gym for more than hour... Been too lazy and too bored to work out after work... I don't know if it's the lethargic mechanical duty of sitting down and barely speaking to anyone for 8 hours, or if it's the extremely cold temperatures in the room that makes me too tired to workout at night, but I honestly just can't lift those damn weights...

So today, I tried something new... B and I will be hittng the mall after work to hopefully finish our Christmas shopping or at least try to get past half of the names on the list, because am quite certain that in no time, Christmas will be right around the corner asking for those wonderful, well thought out gifts... Hehe... So anywhoo, I had the idea of waking up at 5:30 am today so that I could get to the gym by 615-630 am, and hopefully be at work before 9 am... My intial thought was that, I'd be too sleepy or too lazy to go lift some weights... Boy was I wrong...

I was up and about at 515... My lunch was already packed by Teri who by the way, am soooo OH-OH appreciating (she's gonna love her gift!). Got to the gym at 615, as expected and started working out... I got to do everything! and I wasn't as tired and lazy as I normally would be... Hehe.. I was definitely, pleasantly surprised..

I guess I'll be trying this routine for a few weeks and hopefully, I'll see if it suits me... =)

With that, I'll give my Top 5 Reasons (Observations) Why Working Out Before Work Is Better.

1. Your body is awake earlier, and you'll most likely be more active throughout the day...

2. Fewer people working out, and most of the ones who ARE working out, are working on a time frame, meaning the turnover of the machines and the dumbells are quicker and faster... PLUS, fewer people to irritate you because they're texting whilst resting on the machine or talking to their fellow gym members while people are waiting on them to finish their business.

3. Since there's a time frame for the people working out, most of them could care less about each other... Which in my opinion is the best way to work out... No hassles and no worries...

4. There's not as much traffic... I'll admit that I do live quite far from civilization. 45-60 minutes away to be exact... And with that damn morning traffic, my drive usually extends to 75-90 minutes (if I'm lucky)... Which to be quite blunt about it... SUCKS!! So now, given that I get to the gym at 6:30 am and finish by 8-8:30am, i'll get to work shortly before 9 because the gym is oh-so close to my office... =)

5. I can actually do more things at night... Like pass by the mall, do my weekly "clothing-holds" at Ralph, or just meet up with friends and have a grand ol' time... Isn't that just great?? It's like I got a part of my day back... Yay!

Anywhoo, none of the bosses are here yet... Hehe...
Hopefully they'll be late again... Keeping my fingers crossed (just playing).
I love my bosses... Well, almost all of them...

Anywhoo, 'til tomorrow...

1 comment:

Jon said...

I know which boss you don't like. Haha.