Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Madison Grill

Last Saturday, before RR bought her first designer wallet, we all headed to Madison Grill to have dinner. I've heard great reviews about The Trinoma Branch, but never had the chance (or more like gather the will to drive all the way down there)... Thank God they brought it to Makati! Now it's even more accesible... Hehe...

If I'm not mistaken, Madison Grill, M Cafe, and Chelsea have the same owner, or same chef... Kindly correct me na lang if I'm wrong... Anywhoo, I love all three restaurants... I actually had dinner at Chelsea the night before (Friday). Hehe.. As always that was great... I love the Garlic spread that they served whenever you fiish ordering... Just never forget to ask for salt when it's there... It does a great job of enhancing the flavor!! Just love!!

Anywhoo, back to Madison Grill... I would definitely recommend it to anyone... Though we didn't order any steaks or anythign from the grill, (which I'm guessing is probably their specialty), we all enjoyed the food... good thing Jah-Jah Was there... She loves taking food pictures... I, on the other hand don't... Hehe...

**Note**
The names aren't accurate since I didn't take notes... Hehe...
Am naming out of memory and taste.

Freebies
Sun-Dried Tomato Foccacia with a Oil Diluted Pesto Dip!
I could've had more of these... Yum!


Appetizer:
Spinach Crisps with a Rich Tomato Paste-Like Dipping Sauce
This was awesome!! The best out of everything we ordered...


The Tom Yum Pizza!
OMG! It honestly tasted like Tom Yum soup... Just great... the toppings were overflowing... and I honestly couldn't say one bad thig about this...


The MAIN COURSES:
Beer Battered Fish With French Fries And Some Type Of Aoli.
The fish was so succulent! My god... Jus thinking about it makes me hungry... God!!


Seafood Linguine with Tomato and Vodka Sauce.
I was actually a bit hesitant to order this, but B wanted it, so I got it... It was good, but I think it lacked something... I couldn't get any of the vodka in the sauce... Was the only thing we didn't finish... Maybe because it came last... =)



The Rosemary Roasted Chicken
We ordered two half chickens (so that makes one whole chicken, hehe). This was the first one that came... And we devoured this like hungry street children begging for coins... It was cooked to perfection. The meat was literally close to coming off the bones and the flavor of the rosemary was heaven!! Love!!



The Maple Roasted Chicken
This was the other half of the chicken. We actually renamed it to hamonado chicken or pancake chicken. Hehe. The flavor of the maple was rather strong, and in my opinion was the weaker out of all the dishes we ordered... The maple, I think candied the chicken making it hard and feel over cooked (which I'm guessing, wasn't). We actually finished this as well, eventhough it wasn't as good as the others...



All in all, the experience here was great... I would definitely be back...

My food reviews really do no justice whatsoever to the excellent food that they served... It was truly a wonderful night of food... Love it!!

And after doing my research, I found out that the chef from Madison Grill Trinoma, Chef Loujay Jurilla (a very good friend of my cousin Pamy) is the one who revamped the menu... God! I was supposed to have an interview with him for a pastry chef position...

Gosh, really wishing now that I went... Am starting to be a fan...

Maybe I should ask Pamy to try to pull some strings again... Hehe

No comments: