Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Season Of Giving...

Feels like a Monday, but thank God it's a Tuesday... 3 days left in the work week... =) Yay!!

It's officially December, and the season of giving is truly upon us... Last night, while putting the final touches on my tree, I started thinking how far I've come to giving gifts... During my college days, the most expensive gift i'd ever bought for anyone (except my parents and my sister, of course) was 500... But now, I've gone to as far as 5K. God, what a jump...

But, to be quite honest, I believe gifts are only worth more when they're thought out; when they're especially chosen for you... I don't mean to sound a bit "snooty-falooty" (hope I used the right word), but I used to return gift certificates to friends who gave them to me... Personally, what I appeciate during Chrstmas are the kind words, the long christmas letters from my loved ones, and the overall Christmas sentiment...

I am, yes, EMOTIONAL... =)

In my opinion, those who know me, should know what to get me for Christmas and vice versa... I mean it takes me months to actually complete my Christmas shopping, to pick out the perfect gift, and to finish writing the most heartfelt letter to anyone that I care about and love... This may sound hyporcritical, but I honestly don't believe in price tags, but rather, I believe in the value of thought in any gift I receive and give... Especially during Christmas...

This is afterall, the season of giving...
So do go shopping with an open heart and a creative mind!!
I know I always do...

As always, 'til tomorrow... =)

No comments: