Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Rush of Spending TOO MUCH

Despite the worlwide economic crisis, people nowadays are buying designer items left and right... Me, being not included... Hehe...

Given that am quite frugal and not as excited about buying bags as my brother, sister, AND mother, my need for an expensive bag is at times non-existent. The branded bags that I do have are either given to me or are hand-me-downs from my brother... Hehe.. Am so kawawa...

Anyways, the past two weeks, a very good friend of mine bought her first-ever designer bag, shortly followed by her first designer wallet. Both by Balenciaga... Given that I have this "inggitero complex", I opted not to accompany R when she bought her bag... Hehe...

But last night, when she bought her wallet, I was there... We did the whole walk around GB5 and looked at all the stores to see if there was anything nice... There was!! Lot's of it... A beautiful bag from Tod's, the new graphite Damier line at LV (I reserved a wallet, which I'd probabaly get next week), and finally, a beautiful tote bag at Prada...

Now, while at Prada, all hell BROKE lose... RR was convincing me to buy the bag that I wanted...

This bag:

Isn't it beautiful?? It's bigger that it looks...

After much convincing... I gave in... The bag was literally and mentally mine already...

The card was swiped... The authenticity card was filled out... And I was feeling emotions that i've never felt before... Is it the rush of buying a designer bag? God... The feeling is quite addicting!!

I honestly didn't know what I was feeling... My first designer bag that I would've ever paid for! God! I was blissfully sweating... My clammy hands were wetter that usual (yuck!)

So as the saleslady was wrapping the bag and checking everything, B told me to check it first... Make sure everything is okay... And right then and there... My high went away....

The bag's clasp was defective... It didn't click... It didn't lock properly... I asked for new stock, and there wasn't one... It was the last piece... I didn't know what was happening... I suddenly blacked out and my mind went dark...

Grrr... I ended leaving Prada unhappy and without a shopping bag... SUCKS!

I did however do my research this morning and found out that the bag that I wanted is retailing at $750-800. Prada here was selling it for P81,000... Converted, that would be... $1620... Twice the price...

I was saved... or spared...
Things happen for a reason...
Guess I'll check the prices when I go to Hong Kong this coming Jan...
Can't wait...

I'm also lovin' these other Prada Classics:

Black Leather Boston Bag

Medium-sized Messenger Bag

Small Messenger Bag

Aren't they so nice?

Guess i'll be emptying out my savings this January... =)

No comments: